February 10 to 12, 2015
Grades 3 and 4
Actor, puppeteer, juggler, ventriloquist, stand-up comic, and improviser extraordinaire, Robert Post is a one-man variety show. Through meticulously crafted routines to freestyle improvisations, Post shares what it means to be wonderfully alive and human, not only keeping audiences riveted by what he’s doing, but also wondering how he’s doing it.
Information for Teachers
- He was born in Columbus, Ohio
- His grandmother inspired him to break into spontaneous song and dance at a very young age
- In elementary school, his teachers didn’t fully appreciate his vivid imagination, as he was always in a fantasy world during math class
- Today he performs his one-man variety show for children around the world
About His Art and Craft
Robert is celebrated for the inventive way he uses body language, masks, music, and his trade mark comic genius to create a host of unforgettable radical characters. His performance is a one-man variety show called POST TIME.
He has developed a loose, playful approach to performance that invites audiences to participate in his zany world. He describes his performance style as a charismatic comedy feast that unleashes the imagination and defies description.
Post Show Discussion
Ask your students to name all the different theatrical techniques used in the show, such as:
- dry humour
- comic timing
- rapid fire character changes
- ense of the absurd
- roles for different body parts
School Program Coordinator
519- 837-5662 extension 2291