January 20 to 22, 2015
Grades 1 and 2
Theater Terra from the Netherlands is known for bringing children’s stories to life through inventive puppet and people shows. In this story, based on the popular Spot book series by Eric Hill, the adorable dog Spot and his father, Sam, search the barnyard for their missing animal friends. This bright and colourful production features live actors, puppets, and upbeat songs.
Information for Teachers
About Theater Terra
- It’s a an international youth Dutch theater company founded by Theo Terra
- The company travels all over the world and has performed in Europe, North America, China, Japan and Russia.
About the production of Spot
- It is based on the beloved children’s book series by author Eric Hill, which features SPOT, one of the most famous dogs in children’s literature. The production makes use of puppets, objects, actors, singing and dancing to tell the story.
After the show, ask your students to:
- describe how humour is used
- recall some of the poetry in the play
- identify which characters sang
- describe the different puppets
- describe how the actors use different voices for the animals (high and low)
- identify which characters danced
- describe a sad part of the story
- describe how the actors or puppets made everyone laugh
School Program Coordinator
519- 837-5662 extension 2291