February 24 to 26, 2015
Grades 1 and 2
Ignoring her father’s warnings, a young Gruffalo decides to tip-toe out into the deep dark wood on a wild and windy night. Will she run into the Big Bad Mouse? Based on the award-winning picture book by Julia Donaldson MBE and Axel Scheffler, this hit musical by the celebrated Tall Stories Theatre Company showcases the troupe’s unique brand of physical story theatre. The touring company is based in London, England.
Information for Teachers
About the Production
- The production combines Tall Stories’ unique physical storytelling style with new songs, humour and a touch of magic.
- In addition, puppetry is used to help create the sense of the size of the Gruffalo next to his child as well as to illustrate the scary mouse that the Gruffalo’s Child thinks she has seen.
About the Theatre Company
- Tall Stories is a theatre company based in London, England that specialized in children’s theatre.
- The company is known for its unique brand of physical story theatre – telling stories in a physical, visual style and linking original music with movement and comedy
- The company tours the world – from London England to London Ontario, taking in Ireland, Poland and Asia en route.
About the Book
- The Gruffalo’s Child is an adaptation of the picture book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler. It is the sequel to the award-winning book, The Gruffalo which was the best-selling children’s book in the UK for five years running.
See the Tall Stories EDUCATION GUIDE for more information and suggested activities.
School Program Coordinator
519- 837-5662 extension 2291